Thursday, July 19, 2012

Welcome Note!

Caricature Created by Chelsey Eaton
It's about time! I have been meaning to set this Blog up for a long time now. I guess this is what Summer Holidays are for. ;) Welcome to Phileonia Artonian. You may ask, how on earth did I come up with the name?!?!?! Well, as a first year teacher I've tried to spice things up and keep things interesting. Throughout my blog you will discover some of the interesting titles I've given things around my classroom. Actually, the name stemmed from an Ethics Utopian project I did with my ERC grade 10 students this year. We had created a new world on the planet of Phileonia Wrightonian, named after our school ofcourse, Philemon Wright High School. I thought it would be an interesting name for this blog and especially apealing to my students. At this age it is so important and crucial to try and make things COOL! I look forward to adding photos of projects I've done this year and I will do my best to note where I got the ideas from. I wouldn't say I'm the greatest at coming up with my own ideas. Pretty much all my ideas come from lessons from books or other sites and blogs. If you're interested in how I taught a lesson please don't hesitate to ask. I look forward to this new and exciting adventure using blogspot. Thank you for your interest. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment